From Feb 2015 it is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that electrical equipment which is included with the rental is safely installed and safely maintained within rented accommodation.
The Electrical Equipment Safety Regulations 1994 requires that all mains electrical equipment such as kettles, washing machines, cookers, hoovers etc. new or second hand, supplied with the accommodation must be safe.
We cover all of NI and are happy to quote you a price.
What is the Landlord RESPONSIBLE FOR?
A landlord is responsible for:
- Repairs to the structure and exterior of the property, heating and hot water systems, basins, sinks, baths and other sanitaryware
- The safety of gas and electrical appliances
- The fire safety of furniture and furnishings provided under the tenancy
- Ensuring that the property is fit for habitation
- Repairing and keeping in working order the room and water heating equipment
- The common areas in multi-occupancy dwellings