1. Definitions and Interpretation In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
“Personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the [Data Protection Act 1998] OR [EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)]; and
“We/Us/Our” means Portable Appliance Testing SMB, a Sole Trader, whose registered address 3 Montalto Close BT24 8AU
2. Information About Us 2.1 Our Site is operated by MS Engineering a Sole Trader our address is 3 Montalto Close BT24 8AU
2.3 Our Data Protection Officer is Michael Smith, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com by telephone on 0771 5042553,or by post at 3 Montalto Close BT24 8AU
4 Your Rights 4.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold: 4.1.1 The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data; 4.1.2 The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12); 4.1.3 The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14); 4.1.4 The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14); 4.1.5 The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data; 4.1.6 The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation); 4.1.7 The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and 4.1.8 Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
4.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4.3 For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
6. How Do We Use Your Data? 6.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
6.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes: 6.2.1. Providing and managing your Account; 6.2.2. Providing and managing your access to Our Site; 6.2.3. Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site; 6.2.4. Supplying Our Services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you); 6.2.5. Personalising and tailoring Our services for you; 6.2.6. Replying to emails from you; 6.2.7. Supplying you with emails that you have opted into in order to make contact with Us 6.2.8. Market research;
6.3. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
6.4 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
6.5 We’ll keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. After the relationship ends, we’ll keep it where we have a legitimate interest e.g. to help us respond to queries or complaints, or for compliance with a regulatory or legal obligation such as but not limited to the following legislation which have their own data retention rules. 6.5.1 Equality Act 2010, Employment Rights Act 1996, Health and Safety at work Act 1974, Limitation Act 1980, National Minimum Wage regulations 1998, The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999 and 2002, The Retirement Benefits Schemes (Information Powers) Regulations 1995(SI 1995/3103), The General Data Protection Regulation, Companies Act 1985, 1989 and 2006, The Income Tax (PAYE) Regulations 2003/2682, The Statutory Sick Pay Regulations 2014, VAT Act 1994, Corporation Tax Act 2010, The Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991, The Special Waste Regulations 1996
7 How and Where Do We Store Your Data? 7.1 We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. 7.2 Your data will only be stored in the UK. 7.3 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site..
8. Do We Share Your Data? 8.1 Subject to section 8.2, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes. 8.2 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
9. How Can You Control Your Data? 9.1 [In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when] OR [When] you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details [and by managing your Account]).
10 Your Right to Withhold Information 10.1 You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
11. How Can You Access Your Data? You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Under the GDPR, no fee is ‘payable, and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.